Tuesday, January 23, 2018

First post!

I chose the "epic" template because it is a simple design to customize for the style of my blog. I want my blog to look edgy and inspirational. In short terms, my blog is about female musicians in the punk rock music scene. The goal is to try to outweigh the male dominanted music industry and to promote other minority musicians. I want this blog to be inspirational! I will customize this template so I can make it exciting for you guys to glance at!

I am a female drummer and that's rare to find today. I am in a local all girl band and I believe we are the only female fronted music group in San Diego. The majority of females in the music industry are singer/ songwriters categorized in the pop genre. The famous rock n roll bands are highly male dominated making it rare to see a female musician in a rock band. I love playing music and I want to encourage the idea of learning an instrument and eventually forming a band to the female community. It will open up more doors to the music scene and kill the fear of intimidation!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of yours! I think it is important to have more female leaders out in the world. I'm not sure if you have watched "The Voice" before but the girl who won last season was a female rock artist. Her name is Chloe Kohanski. Also, Miley Cyrus was a judge on the voice. She was all about creating an all female team to show how powerful women are.
    Anyways., I got a little bit off track, I love the rock background. I think it really encompasses what you're trying to show the world. I hope you succeed in opening up more doors for female rock musicians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good choice of template! It seems very appropriate to the style of blog that you want to create. It's very inspiring to see that you have a clear goal, which is to break into male dominated music industry. I think we all women need to set ourselves to gain equal status with men in every way, you are an inspiration to me. Hope you are able to share some of your music in the form of video for us to check it out. All the best in you endeavors Alex!Very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty into the wallpaper of your blog. I think the blog's overall aesthetic communicates your intentions well. The blog's vibe and your pursuit of minority led music reminds me of the venue at UCSD called the Che Cafe (http://thechecafe.blogspot.com/) I wish I could do a live link in here, but have a look at check out some of the music sometime. Where do you find good live music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alexa
    I admire your determination to break barriers in the male dominated entertainment business.
    Its great that you have a great high confidence trait, especially for a career like this.
    I believe anyone can do anything and eveything is limitless.
    Thats great that you’re thinking about your community abd trying to give back by spreading your knowledge of music and instruments.
    Your right its not easy as a female in the music industry, which is why i think youre going to be one of those future inspirations for some future musicians
    I like the meaning behind your blog and wish you the best of luck with yohr band and your career

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aspect of your layout and what you are doing. Your blog tells a great story and shows the power of women, music and determination.
    Looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alexa!

    I totally dig what you are going for here. This type of stuff gets me super excited! If your band has a youtube channel, I would love to hear it! I am looking forward to your content!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your template selection is a really good one. Especially since you are into punk. This is a perfect template for what you are going for.

    ReplyDelete