Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Responding to customers

A business should have a good technical support and response team if a consumer has questions. There have been numerous times where I have been on the phone with technical support and was put on hold for a long time. By the time they were available they didn’t help a lot. I’ve been able to figure out answers by looking it up online or reading a manual. A lot of times, businesses, services, etc… receive thousands of emails a day and that’s why it is hard for them to get back. For example, I have emailed multiple music venues for booking and it takes them awhile to get back or they never do. It is easier to directly message their social media accounts because there are people running and managing the accounts more often. You’ve just got to be patient. The venue SOMA in San Diego right next to the Sports Arena has direct messaged us about playing shows their multiple times. They also like our posts! A few popular companies followed or liked my posts on Instagram. I feel happier and contained because it feels like they personally care about their customers.

I treat my band like a business to try and gain a networking. The goal is for us to make it far enough to earn a living. We try to respond as much as possible to other users messages and comments. We are very encouraged by the positive comments, but obviously a little hurt over the negative ones. I personally try to be as nice as possible just like being business professional. If I was managing my own business, I would personally message them and ask the user if there is anything I could do to negotiate. You have to make it more about the customer than yourself.

My band got featured in a post on the Hard Time News. Our guitarist was wearing a shirt of theirs and they promoted the sale and our band. People we personally know commented negative things. We didn’t say anything because they were hateful comments directed to her individually. We just remained as calm as possible. However, some of our friends replied in defense. It was quite interesting. There’s always going to be negativity in this world, but you will and grow professionally from those experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment