Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 4 Part 2

  1. Why are they effective? 
  2. What specific principles of good design do they include and why?
  3. What makes you come back again?
  4. What could be improved?
The top 2 websites I always visit are forever21.com and amazon.com 

https://www.forever21.com 

Forever 21 is a successful store and not everyone is willing to drive out to the nearest mall to shop there. Currently they have a flashy header advertising their 80% off sale. It immediately grasped my attention to click on the offers. They show the newest arrivals, best sellers, and sales on the front. On top, it lists the department categories of what you are looking for. 

The web designers made the website eye appealing. They made a gif of the picture of the 80% off sale so it would be easy to look at. The colors match the theme, and the attractive models suit the alternative theme of clothing they sell. I am distracted from doing this assignment looking at the website. There isn't too much going, you will always see the clothes. The fonts match the theme. 

I always shop at Forever 21 online when I have the money. First of all, I like the products. They have good prices and are always having a sale which draws a lot of customers attention. I've been shopping there since middle school and I am 19. Even though some of the clothes' quality isn't the best, you have to evaluate the price and look at the online reviews. 

Most of the website is 100 percent; however, there are some advertisements popping up on the site which can be annoying. Also, not all of their clothes are my style, but I have a very picky taste. If they fixed that I would even more satisfied.


https://www.amazon.com 

Amazon is the top online shopping company. It has excellent deals and mostly has anything you can find. Amazon prime is a blessing! Free 2 day shipping is a miracle. On the home page, it shows items related to your previous orders making it tempting to view. 

First of all, they have an excellent theme, template, and layout. Their blue and yellow theme is perfectly indicated by that. This reveals Amazon's identity so that it is unique and original. They advertise great deals you are interested in. It is the idealistic professional web design they need. It is simple to access, the search bar on top is your best friend!

Like I've said, the related items viewed and deals recommended for you feature pushes you to look at them. The deals are amazing and sometimes even better there compared to an actual store selling a particular item you are looking for. My family and I are on Amazon almost every day. There is usually a package or 2 that comes once a day. It makes shopping a breeze!

I would say there does not need to be improvements on Amazon's website. It is perfect the way it is created. 


No comments:

Post a Comment